This seems like a simple one, but if you are new to Maximo, finding the right place to add new work types can be bit of a pain.
To create new work types, you must go into the Organization module:
- Go to the Organizations application and select the organization that you want to create a work type for.
- From the “Select Action” menu choose “Work Order Options”.
- Select “Work Type”.
- Click on “New Row”.
- Choose a work order class that you want to associate your work type with (WORKORDER, RELEASE, CHANGE, ACTIVITY etc.).
- Give the work type a name and description.
- If necessary you can also set the status to denote a task’s start or finish for sequencing purposes with regard to Flow Control at this point.
- Save the record.
Easy stuff, once you know where to start. [IBM Support]