By moving to a mobile solution a company can easily realize a significant return on investment (ROI) because of several positive factors associated with implementing a mobile solution for Maximo, especially EZMaxMobile:
- Reduce the printing of paper work orders by 90%. By not printing work orders you also reduce the need to manage a process of ‘physically distributing work orders’ to the appropriate trade(s) group and eventually the actual laborer who will be performing the work.
- Eliminate the need for most work orders to be ‘returned’ for recording in Maximo. By eliminating this requirement you avoid the pitfalls of misplaced work orders (lost), eliminate the inherent problem with the interpretation of the written information on a returned work order and you eliminate the errors that come with re-typing that written data into Maximo.
- Eliminate the effort and time required to log onto a PC then into Maximo and record work performed. By eliminating this requirement you free up time for staff to complete other work orders or perform additional duties.
By eliminating the above ‘physical’ processes of printing, distributing and recording work performed a productivity gain of approximately 1 hour per laborer per shift can easily be realized. This improvement provides more than a 12% productivity gain for each laborer per shift and thus reduces the need for additional staffing and lowers the requests for overtime to get work done.
- Improve the following of safety procedures because of the real-time availability of safety and other SOP related documents that are maintained in Maximo’s linked documents module.
- Improve the calibration process by providing real-time access to calibration specs and historical calibration work orders and settings
- Improve the process of monitoring and managing work activity because of the availability of real-time work order statuses and work performed.
- Improve customer satisfaction because of the availability of the real time status of a work order and work performed
- Automatically generate a follow-up work order and instantly notify the trade shop/supervisor of the new work order.
- While in the field a supervisor can easily assign or re-assign a work order to the appropriate laborer. Eliminates the need for a supervisor to find and log onto a PC then into Maximo.
- Ability to check the availability of inventory/parts while in the field thus eliminating the need for a person to log onto a PC then into Maximo.
- Eliminates the need for paper and hand written data to perform physical counts of inventory. EZMaxMobile provides the ability for an authorized user to use bar code scanning and automatically manage inventory counts.
Contact EZMaxMobile today to see how you can go mobile.