Avatar

Please consider registering
guest

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —




— Match —





— Forum Options —





Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Return value of LOOKUP
February 8, 2012
2:34 pm
Avatar
madd0g17
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 59
Member Since:
August 7, 2013
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I am having an issue with a lookup returning the projectid instead of projectnbr. The lookup is displaying fine (shows projectnbr, name, and status of all active projects) but I get an error message when it validates saying “BMXAA4191E – Project Number X is not valid.” where X is the projectid of the one I selected instead of the projectnbr. I would like to have the lookup menu return projectnbr for the selected entry, but it seems to always return projectid (the auto-created column when the PROJECT object was created). I have tried editing the lookup map, but it still returns projectid. Any and all help is greatly appreciated! 

 

Thanks!

 

Below I have listed all the steps I have taken to set this up:

– I have created a new table called PROJECT (fields include: projectnbr, status, and projectid (auto-created by maximo) plus a few other non-relevant fields)

– I have created a new power application called Projects 

– I have added a few sample projects 

– I have created a Table domain called PROJECT based on the PROJECT object with a validation where clause of projectnbr=:projectnbr and a list where clause of status='ACTIVE'

– I have added a field on the Workorder table called projectnbr and set Same As Object: PROJECT, Same As Attribute: PROJECTNBR, and Domain: PROJECT

– I have edited the Lookup Map for projectnbr with Target Attribute: PROJECTNBR, Source Object: PROJECT, and Source Key: PROJECTNBR (I have also tried PROJECTID in Source Key, neither worked), Sequence: 1, Allow Null: Checked

– I have added an entry to the LOOKUPS.XML file called PROJECTS with 3 fields showing: PROJECTNBR, NAME, STATUS

– I went into Application Designer and added a textbox for the projectnbr field to the Workorder tab of WOTRACK. I specified Attribute:PROJECTNBR, Lookup:PROJECTS, and Go To Application: PROJECTS

Senior Maximo Consultant / Systems Architect . Sentz Consulting, LLC . York, PA . dominicrusso@sentzconsulting.com . 717-942-5167

February 9, 2012
9:12 am
Avatar
Chon
Stoneham, MA USA
Admin
Forum Posts: 1118
Member Since:
March 2, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hello, Please register to see the Admin’s answer!

February 9, 2012
11:25 am
Avatar
madd0g17
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 59
Member Since:
August 7, 2013
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

That's the guide I used to do the process listed above. It says that editing the Lookup Map in Database Configuration should make it return the value specified, but it does not seem to want to do that!

Senior Maximo Consultant / Systems Architect . Sentz Consulting, LLC . York, PA . dominicrusso@sentzconsulting.com . 717-942-5167

April 11, 2013
4:02 pm
Avatar
Chon
Stoneham, MA USA
Admin
Forum Posts: 1118
Member Since:
March 2, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hello, Please register to see the Admin’s answer!

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 54

Currently Online:
1 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

sun kim: 60

madd0g17: 59

v.barsamov: 51

cgregory: 45

Maximofresher: 45

matta0990: 33

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 14366

Moderators: 0

Admins: 4

Forum Stats:

Groups: 1

Forums: 8

Topics: 1580

Posts: 4295

Newest Members:

Megan Morgan, Devendra Verma, stephen stephens, maxexpertise Hilal, Jeroen van Proosdij, Neeraja N

Administrators: Chon: 1118, kristensibilia: 0, Joe Grassia: 0, bpaik: 0